Output from models, including climate models, is typically arranged in a regular grid format. Each grid is characterised by its spatial bounds (what area it covers) and its resolution (how big each grid square is).
The UKCP09 data sources are associated with various different grids:
- UKCP09 25 km grid – The grid used by HadRM3 for probabilistic projections and observed baseline dataset.
- – The grid used for the UKCP09 Weather Generator and observed climate dataset.
- Sea level rise grid – The grid used for projections of sea level rise.
- – The grid used by POLCOMS for multi-level ocean projections.
- – The grid used by POLCS3 for projections of changes in storm surge levels