- Amendments to the Observed trends report
The definitions for Heating Degree Days and Cooling Degree Days have been clarified. See the Table A1.2 in the Annex to the Observed trends report.
Thank you to all who responded to the UKCP09 User survey last summer. A summary of the results, and an overview of our responses to the main suggestions, are now available to download.
- Observed data for aggregated areas
Historical data for the UKCP09 aggregated areas has been added to the Met Office observed data site .
- UKCP09 .csv archive now available
An archive of UKCP09 data is now available from the User Interface (UI) . The archive makes for more rapid downloading of large amounts of data, and contains data on:
- Probabilistic projections over land: Sampled data of projections of both change and absolute future climate, for all time periods, temporal averages, spatial averages and emissions scenarios.
- Probabilistic projections over marine regions: Sampled data of projections of climate change, for all time periods, temporal averages and emissions scenarios.
- Sea level rise projections: Both absolute and relative sea level rise projections are available for all three emissions scenarios and all grid cells.
- Storm surge projections: Projections are available for all grid cells.
- Global mean annual temperature change: These data provide the change in global mean temperature associated with each of the 10,000 samples in the sampled data; and a cumulative distribution function (CDF) data set is also available,
Cumulative distribution function (CDF) data for the probabilistic projections over land and marine regions should be available in the near future.
- UKCP09 online discussion forum
As part of the ongoing work with users of UKCP09, a discussion forum has been added to the UKCIP online training website.